trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:52 pm 

Ive been enjoying my TC15 for a few months,, bought used in really great shape. Awesome Voxy tones, big cleans to roaring Brit grit. Very versatile with OT toggle and boost toggle. Everything seems to work as it should,, judging by sound clips and YT demos i've heard and a fair understanding of amp design.

So the question is: I often see the comparison of TC15 to Lightning. From what i can tell by the available schematics they should be fairly close but having played the genuine article a fair bit i'd have to say they are not really that similar,, the Lightning having a kinda ungodly HUGE sound. I'm hoping folks here can chime in (pun) with their experiences with BOTH amps and possibly shed a little light as to how to narrow the gap between them. I have a great representation of Vox sound in my collection,, was hoping for closer to that Matchless giant thing. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:18 pm 

=(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:28 pm 

I'm also undecided about whether to use the sound type of the TC15 or the Lightning. I'm able to make a decision because of what you shared. I would like to amplify the sound differently because I have discovered that everyone perceives sound differently heardle game

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:46 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

The TC15 channel 2 (AX7 ch.) is basically Matchless DC30 circuit When you compare it to the Lightning, they are very similar, so should sound similar. Tube selection always make a difference, but the components inside are very similar to the Matchless build.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:43 am 

When compared to the Lightning, the TC15 channel 2 (AX7 ch.) is essentially a Matchless DC30 circuit and should sound similar. skibidi toilet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:08 am 

I'm not sure if I should use the Lightning or the TC15's sound type. It's thanks to what you shared that I can decide. Since everyone has a different hearing perception, I would like to amplify the sound in a different way. puppet hockey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:10 am 
Friend
Friend

Tube choice, particularly in the preamp and power amp heardle stages, can influence the character of an amplifier. You might want to experiment with different tubes, such as trying a variety of 12AX7 or ECC83 tubes in the preamp stage.