trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm 
Friend
Friend

The full-color graphic of the build shows a single center lug on the back of the Contour switch, but there are two center lugs on the switch, named A and C.

Which lug goes to Lug 1 on Volume pot, and which goes to the location marked 131 on the graphic?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:26 pm 
Friend
Friend

Mine is installed and hard to see but if I remember correctly "A" is used for the center lug. No connection to "C". Easy to verify with a Ohm meter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 am 
Friend
Friend

Thanks Cigarman. I am using your photos as references during my build; jealous of your tube wiring!

Any idea where I connect the wire going to the point labeled "131" on the diagram? This is the top resistor at the extreme right of the main board.

Cigarman wrote:
Mine is installed and hard to see but if I remember correctly "A" is used for the center lug. No connection to "C". Easy to verify with a Ohm meter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:44 am 
Friend
Friend

agitprop wrote:
Thanks Cigarman. I am using your photos as references during my build; jealous of your tube wiring!

Any idea where I connect the wire going to the point labeled "131" on the diagram? This is the top resistor at the extreme right of the main board.

Cigarman wrote:

On the contour switch diagram you see pins 7 thru 12 are all connected together? There is a text box that says "From EF86 pin 6" with an arrow pointing between pin 7 and 8. This is where I put the wire going to 131. I think you could solder the wire to any of the pins 7 - 12 as they are all connected together.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:32 pm 
Friend
Friend

Thank you so much, CM! I was thinking I needed to run directly to Pin 6 on the EF86. Super-helpful to have your wisdom :-)

Cigarman wrote:
agitprop wrote:

Cigarman wrote:

On the contour switch diagram you see pins 7 thru 12 are all connected together? There is a text box that says "From EF86 pin 6" with an arrow pointing between pin 7 and 8. This is where I put the wire going to 131. I think you could solder the wire to any of the pins 7 - 12 as they are all connected together.