trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TC-15 Channel Voicing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:05 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I understand that the two channels are supposed to be based on classic Vox and/or Matchless amps. I'm curious to know which of these potential amps/channels each TC-15 channel is closest to in terms of tone, gain or feel. I'm not saying the TC-15 is any sort of clone. I'm just trying to put the thing in perspective based on actual amps I know.
1. AC15
2. AC30 normal channel
3. AC30 top boost
4. Matchless _______(fill in the blank)
5. Trace Elliot Velocette (i.e., Gibson Goldtone 15)

I hope the experts here have some insight. Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

The reason I'm asking is that I'm really looking for two things in a Vox type amp.

I had a Trace Elliot Velocette years ago that may have been my all time favorite clean tone. I just couldn't stand the horrible layout: controls in the back and on the bottom. A clean like that would be great. My Trinity 18 sIIIv6 gets in the British neighborhood, but not that close. I think that Velocette is a close cousin to the AC15 circuit.

I also love that cranked all the way up Brian May thing. Turn it up and let the guitar volume knob do all the work. I'm fairly certain that's top boost AC30.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:45 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Oops! I'm an idiot. I was so interested in reading about the kits and the options, etc., that I skimmed the product description too fast. I guess it's right there in the very beginning!
"The New Trinity TC15 faithfully reproduces both Matchless and VOX amp tones. The two-channel TC15 is an amp with two very different VOX derived channels. One is sweet and one is tough. One is close to an EF86 AC15 voiced channel while the other is a higher gain AC-30 top boost type preamp."
That's clear as a bell. The AC-30 top boost sounds like the one for those heavy Queen type tones. I'm guessing good cleans could probably come from either channel.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:49 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I can get good cleans out of my tweed or 18 watt plexi. That being said I leave the gain in both amps cranked up and roll back on my guitar volume to get it to clean up some what along with picking gently

Im assuming you could get good cleans out of any of CoCo's amps . its just a matter of the overall volume you require at which point you can balance them Both out

All the tc15 demos I've heard they sound great clean but as you turn up the gain in the front end they clip in a good way :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:03 am 

Hi

I just watched the el84 episode of " That Pedal Show". I own a 91 ac30 TB but this episode made me curious about the Matchless ef86 channel. In this video the difference between the vox ef86 and the Matchless one is big. What can i expect of the TC15 normal channel? Voxy or more Matchless?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zbo_ZGxvZc