Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trinity 15 Reverb
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

erl,

you build a reverb 15. can you share your design with us? i think there would be some interest in this.

Post subject: Re: Trinity 15 Reverb
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:22 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

coco wrote:
erl,

you build a reverb 15. can you share your design with us? i think there would be some interest in this.

You bet :!: I posted the schematic that I ended up with under the other thread http://www.trinityamps.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=165, and I'll try and post some pictures of the amp later tonight.

Eddie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:06 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

So it has one control and is connected to the OT. Looks easy!
What is the single control? What do the other parts do? Did you build it exactly the posted schematic?

I see from the schematic, this is like a bit of feedback, so How does it sound? Did it change the tone at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:16 am 
Experienced
Experienced

It is built exactly as the schematic right now. The pot (I used 1 250k, but I have also seen anything from a 5k to 500k used) is used to control the amount of reverb. It comes in handy if your running the amp all out and start to get some feedback, just roll back a little and it brings it back into control. The 33 ohm resistor between the OT and the reverb tank was just to knock the signal down some so the tank wouldn’t blow up :) Basically I started dropping the value while listing for a volume drop, and the amount of reverb. I may still play around with this some more, but it is working very well right now. The rest of the circuit is recovery for the reverb signal, just a gain stage really. I took the cap on the PI the normally goes to ground, and put the reverb signal in there. It is not a super wet reverb, can’t really get into “surfâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:30 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

I finally was able to upload and I've added some more pictures over at my gallery at 18 watt.
Lightning tremolo/reverb

Eddie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:35 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Well I have a couple of weeks with the reverb and I have found out a couple of things. First, the reverb pot is a 25k, not 250k, I have updated the schematic to reflect this. I did try using the 250k just to see how it would work, I could get more reverb, but it was MUCH more prone to runaway feedback, so I would defiantly stick with the 25k. Also, I found that a 3 spring tank (which is what I have listed on the schematic) works much better then the 2 spring type. I like it so much that I’m thinking about maybe doing an add on unit with the tremolo and reverb and put it on my 18 watt TMB down the road.

Eddie