trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

Plotting out the SE build some more, and am wondering if the way to do this is just a garden variety tone control late in the chain, or if there is a way more analogous to a Vox or Matchless topology.

Bear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:12 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

How 'bout posting a schematic of your plans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:14 am 
Novice
Novice

As soon as I can come up with one. I can give you a walkthrough of what I'm intending.

Basically DC-30 preamps - an EF-86 pentode channel and a Lightning triod channel. From there go to Vibrobox type thing (Skipping V1 on that schematic), both preamps feeding the oscilated stage, which dumps out into a cathode biased EL-84 SE section, probably pretty close to an AC-4. Diode rectification on the supply as there isn't really suppose to be a big difference aside from voltage drop for SE.

I haven't done all my homework, but I'm pretty sure the West Labs SE PT's can do filiament voltages for all those bottles. I like the concept of the cut control, but might have to settle for a tone control very late in the game instead.

That's a lot of features to throw at 4 watts, yes, but that'd be the power that suits my needs. If I got a Red Fang to run it through, I have no doubts it could get loud enough for eardrums to bleed- I've got a 10 watt Electar w/ an SE 6L6 and it's louder than I need, even w/ the cheap Korean ceramic 8".

So I think I know the pieces I want to put together, I just need to see if they'll all fit.

Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:41 am 

The phase inverter is a part of the power amp section of a guitar amplifier, and it is responsible for splitting the signal into two phases before sending them to the output tubes. The phase inverter is not directly related to the tone control circuit in the preamp section.

btroblox rapid streamz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:44 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

johnmarkos wrote:
The phase inverter is a part of the power amp section of a guitar amplifier, and it is responsible for splitting the signal into two phases before sending them to the output tubes. The phase inverter is not directly related to the tone control circuit in the preamp section.

I think bear was considering the cross-line cut control like the Matchless' have. It just happens to be after the PI.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:56 pm 

Quote:
I think bear was considering the cross-line cut control like the Matchless' have.snow rider 3d
It just happens to be after the PI.

I think so, too. It really only happens after PI.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:47 am 

The phase inverter, found in the power amp section of a guitar amplifier, plays a critical role by dividing the signal into two phases before routing them to the output tubes. It's essential to note that the phase inverter operates separately fromthe tone control circuit located in the preamp section, focusing primarily on signal phase management in the power amp.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:26 pm 

In the power amplifier section of a guitar amp, you'll discover a crucial component known as the phase inverter. Its primary function is to split the signal into two distinct phases before directing them towards the output tubes. It's important to emphasize thatthe phase inverter operates independently of the tone control circuit found in the preamp section, with its main purpose being the precise control of signal phase within the power amplifier stage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:39 pm 

To achieve a tone control akin to Vox or Matchless amplifiers in an SE build, consider implementing an interactive tone stack with inductors, capacitors, and resistors for a more complex and responsive tonal shaping. You can also check celebrities materials on different websites like Michel Polnareff Fortune.