trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Original Slll .... But
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:36 am 
Friend
Friend

Hello guys, I've been reading all cool changes and additional re-makes of the Slll.

I bought BBQ's 18 watt kit, I can say BBQ here, right, but built the original Slll. Love the amp, 18 watt normal channel and TMB w/Master. But I'd like try a change I've been reading about here and I'm looking for suggestions.

I use a strat mostly but have been getting into a LP, play classic rock and roll, love Delta, Chicago and English Blues. Like a nice smooth high end, no ice pick'in, not real heavy into a lot of bass. Speakers I have are a 30 watt BBQ blue, Red Fang and a GH1230. I do like the Celestion's bass at times. The Blue and Celestion are killer together.

Just wondering what mods or changes anyone would recommend, should I get rid of BBQ's OT, seems like a big Fender style OT. At present the B+ is around, 345, all American old tubes. I want to staywith EL84's, I've done a few cap changes to take the TMB channel slightly back toward the other TMB 18's out there but still cleaner. I have a Ceritone OT, 8K, just sitting here collecting dust.

What might I like, great forum and thanks in advance?

AJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:02 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

I'd try Nik's OT to start with. I think I posted a tweakers guide somewhere where you can sort of pick the tone/effect you want and try the change. If you cant find it, I'll re-post it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:31 am 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Tone Tweaks sent by email. Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:26 am 
Friend
Friend

I guess this was a stupid question, with all the mods and posts here, my question was answered be I wrote it.

You kown what would be great, they should make a guitar like the Lexus that parks itself with a button, maybe a guitar that plays itself with a switch, heck I think I had one, years ago, a "fret light" strat, remember those...?

Merry Xmas to all and thanks Coco for sending me that tweakers guide, from here and 18 watt, you have been a stand-up guy.

AJ