trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plexi layout question
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:39 pm 

I just ordered a plexi kit with the 6v6 and vrm option. Very excited to start building my kit but as I was looking at the layout for the plexi I noticed circle numbers that's pointing to the turret boards. What do those numbers mean?

Attachments:
Screenshot_20181110-143110_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20181110-143110_Adobe Acrobat.jpg [ 1.74 MiB | Viewed 6009 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:28 am 
Expert
Expert

The circled numbers are the approximate DC voltages you should see on the turrets they point to.

Good luck with your build!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:56 pm 

Thanks Mitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:56 am 
Friend
Friend

Maldo3051 wrote:
I just ordered a plexi kit with the 6v6 and vrm option. Very excited to start building my kit but as I was looking at the layout for the plexi I noticed circle numbers that's pointing to the turret boards. What do those numbers mean?

So the kits come with this kind of layout to follow? That sounds much easier than following a schematic.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:18 pm 
Novice
Novice

Zenpeace69 wrote:
Maldo3051 wrote:

So the kits come with this kind of layout to follow? That sounds much easier than following a schematic.

I’ve built two Trinity kits now; a Tweed and an 18 watt Plexi and I will vouch that if you can faithfully follow instructions and take your time and do a neat job you will be successful. The instructions are the best out there in the kit amp world. And Stephen is the nicest guy I’ve never met. And the quality of the parts are second to none.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:33 am 
Expert
Expert

Yes, when you are wiring an amp it is easier to follow a good layout diagram rather than a schematic. However, it's easier to see how the circuits function and follow the signal flow if you look at the schematic. So it's a good idea to familiarize yourself with the schematic, especially if you have to troubleshoot or you want to modify the amp.

Learning to read schematics is essential in electronics if you want to progress beyond kit building.

Trinity's manuals, schematics, and layout diagrams are first rate. I have built two Trinity kits so I can second everything Case24 said about the manuals, the parts, and Stephen's customer service. Trinity's cabinets are top notch, too.