trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:06 pm 

Hey all, I bought my first tube amp (Trinity sIII) about two years ago and have had nothing but consistent, great tones from it. A few days ago I noticed that the On/Off switch on the front of the amp was loose (but still working), and in order to tighten it, I needed to unscrew the back of the combo. I removed the back plate, pushed the Power switch up and tighten the washer on the outside/front of the amp down. Put the back plate back on, stood the amp up and plugged the cable back in, but the amp wouldn't turn on. The indicator light doesn't go on nor do the tubes light up.

I'm wondering if there is something that I could have done that could have caused this to happen. The solder joints that are connected to the power switch appear to be well connected. I can upload some pics if needed. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:25 pm 
Friend
Friend

Did you check the fuse? You may have shorted one of the wires when jostling things around ... although it sounds as though you did unplug it first. The fact that your neon bulb isn't lighting up suggests to me that this may be simply a problem of a wire getting loose at a solder point on the switch. I know this sounds dumb but also make sure you plugged your mains cable all the way into the socket on the amp.

If you aren't too familiar with the workings of a vacuum tube amplifier, be careful poking around inside the amp. These amps don't come with a bleed resistor so the capacitors can hold a fair bit of charge and you could get a nasty jolt from them. If in doubt, consult someone with experience.

Dave