trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:39 pm 

Has anyone used an attenuator, particularly the BBQ Mini Mass, with a Trinity Amp? I've heard that this can work very well with some amps and not so with others (The Gear Page). I'm most interested in please-don't-evict-me levels of volume. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:21 pm 
Friend
Friend

I bought a BBQ Mini Mass, 25 watt, and have used it with my 5E3 and my Lightning clone. I like it a lot; you can crank it down pretty low to usable bedroom levels. Can you hear a difference? Yes, but to my "non-golden" ears its rather subtle. If moving lots of air combined with cone breakup is your type of sound, you probably won't like an attenuator anyway, but for ease of use and the cost ($75 for the 25 watt version!) it wins hands down. I especially like it with my Trinity 15-layout because they sound so good cranked, but once the kids get ready for bed that goes out the window: my MiniMass lets me keep playing well after their bedtime. I have used it for an hour or more at a time with no apparent problems to trannies, overheating, or any other issues. Good, full tones at lower volumes.

Hey, for $75 you can afford to try it; you can always eBay it. Remember to use a real speaker cable with it, not a guitar cable. I am building an sIII layout right now; once it's finished I'll post my thoughts on it, too.