trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Tramp!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:41 pm 
Expert
Expert

Here's another one born. Pretty standard build with a few value changes here and there. Wanted to experiment with different components so there are a few different capacitors and resistors of different composition than usually found on Tramps.

Cab is pine with an English Chesnut stain then lacquered. Grill cloth is "cane". 10" Blackbird sitting in this lovely cab.

Boost mod as shown here installed.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2323

Sounds amazing! A amazing practice amp for me. Rocking a JJ 12AX7 and RCA 6V6 right now.

Post subject: Re: New Tramp!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:14 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Yes, I heard that mod - well worth trying it out!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

Lay cloth out. Look for a horizontal line running across, lay a straight edge along it. This should be near the top of the cloth, about 2 inches or so from the very top. Now fold along this edge so you have a nice crease running along the cloth.

Do the same thing for a vertical line on the cloth.

You now have a horizontal and a vertical line, and a right angle! Lay your baffle out so one corner fits right into that right angle. You know have your grill cloth and centered and looking pretty.

Staple the top or the sides, one of the other. This is the least important side stapling wise. Make sure the cloth does not move and it stays where you want it.

Ok so now you need to pull it. Either get someone to help you and pull it tight. The way I have done it is lay a straight edge along the bottom and clamp it there. Keeping it a few inches away from the baffle's edge. Then you fold it over onto the other side of the baffle. Hard to explain but this will get the cloth tight. Staple while it is tight. Your Done the vertical section.

Do the same thing on the horizontal and your set. It's much easier if you can have an extra pair of hands I find. That and a workmate to clamp your baffle onto while working.

Did that make sense? I know coco does something similar with grill cloth so maybe he can expand if I lost ya...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:55 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

It's a good description.

I use two pieces of long wood to sandwich the grill cloth on the edge I'm pulling from and a lot of C clamps to hold it tight. And then I leave enough space between these pieces and the baffle so I can lever the assembly on the baffle board and pull the cloth tight. Then I staple it on the edge.