trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tweed 5E3 parts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:02 pm 

Stephen, I had contacted you on your website, but this may be a better venue. I am going to build a Tweed 5E3 amp for my son-in-law, and your kits seem to have much better parts than most kits. I plan to do a few mods (Rob Robinette inspired) and would like to see if I could change a few of the standard parts you offer in the Tweed kit. First, I'd like a PT with a 50 v bias tap, to utilize the bias switch mod from RR. He recommends the Heyboer PT from Allen Amplification, TP40D.

Specs are:
Upgrade power transformer for Deluxe/Deluxe Reverbâ„¢ amps. 320V-0-320V at 180ma, 5V at 3A and 6.3V at 4.5A. Supports the use of 6L6 AND EL34 power tubes (power tube sockets must be rewired for use with EL34 power tubes). Center tapped heater winding, 50V bias tap, copper flux bands and internal hum shield brought out to a lead for grounding.

I'm also going to do the pre-phase splitter master volume, the mute switch before the grid of V2A, and the lead channel mod (it makes the normal channel into a plexi voice.

I'd like to use the axial lead yellow Mallory 150 series coupling caps as in the original Tweeds, Sprague Atom filter caps, and a turret board.

Is there any way I could get one of your Tweed kits with the above changes?

Thanks for your consideration!