trinityamps.com

Trinity Amps Guitar Amp Forum
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:06 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Hi guys Stephen suggest it is time for more clips and I would like to run 'em by you guys before I hand them over to the man. I think the clips on the Trinity site were done with the very first Trintiy 15. Mine was the second and was more like the current production than the first one was. It was unique in many was (also very sweet looking...but I digress).

Any way I did this clip last night with a Strat panned hard left and my 335 on the right. The amp settings are among my favs for this amp. This is what I call the mid boost setting. for both guitars was.

: High input
: Volume Maxed
: Bass Just a hair above 7 o'clock
: Treble 8 O'clock
: Master less than 9:00 o'clock (it was late at night and my wife was already mad at me :roll: ) I used a 2x12 Avatar open cab with 2 Cannibis rex's in there.

Unfortunatly I forgot to transfer the file to the PC I'm on today. I will post a copy tonight. :oops: I was pleased at how good the 335 sounded. Even out the low master settings the sustain was outstanding. The amp and the guitar were acting as one and really rewarded a light touch. The controled feedback was simply stunning at that low volume level. And it was no fluke either. As you will notice, the last note starts feeding back and contines as I slide down a few frets. I almost didn't make it into work today!@!!

Like I have said (many times) this is a real players amp as you have get a lot more bang for your buck with a light touch. This diffefers from the Trinity 18 in that way. When I play my lester though THAT amp my hands are usually shredded. (In a good way).

FYI The rhythm track strat as a touch of reverb and is panned mostly to the left. The lead track is panned hard right and dry as a bone so that you can hear the amp in all it's naked glory.... when I post the link that is.

Cheers
lbet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:59 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

Jumpin! The internet is bog slow in my part of town. i.e. it took a while to get this file uploaded....but here it is.

http://member.newsguy.com/~tybone/Sounds/Sweet_15.3.mp3

Post subject: DOH!
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:15 pm 
Experienced
Experienced

So what do I do? I upload the wrong file. That was a remix for CoCo. Here is the file I originally described.

http://member.newsguy.com/~tybone/Sounds/Sweet_15.2.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:42 pm 
Holy Ghost
Holy Ghost

Some more fine playin'. This clip really shows how versatile that amp is. Normally crispy clean, this has some great crunch too. Hard to believe this was from exactly the same amp.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:06 am 
Expert
Expert

Holy Crap!
Great Playing Lawrence!

That's sounds awesome! I can't wait to get this amp built....starting as soon as the chassis arrives from Ceri@tone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:20 am 
Expert
Expert

Lawrence,

what speaker are you using in that clip?

-F

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:23 am 
Experienced
Experienced

Same amp and nearly the same settings and both guitars plugged into the high input. The treble was nudged up just a bit for the 335. The single coils and the humbuckers are really treated differntly by this amp. P-90's too; they sound full and sweet.

At some point I will put the earplugs in, crank up the master and get some back end juice going from the power section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:43 am 
Expert
Expert

strangegrey wrote:
Lawrence,

what speaker are you using in that clip?

-F

: Master less than 9:00 o'clock (it was late at night and my wife was already mad at me ) I used a 2x12 Avatar open cab with 2 Cannibis rex's in there.

Ahh...stupid me...forgot to read the above...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:06 am 
Experienced
Experienced

I got the Cannabis Rex to try to emulate the tone tubbies with my Two Rock. You know...to get the smokey Carlos tone. Well, it didn't work. BUT I was very pleasantly surpirsed that the were pretty darn good with the Lighting. Both clean and dirty! I have them in an open back avatar 2x12.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

Intresting, I don't hear much talk about either of these speakers - any more details? They certainly sound great in those clips.

Bear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

Man I love the way the Lightning comes on with sweet sounding feedback. Your getting that with no pedals :shock: Sounds wonderful!!!